This year marks the silver anniversary of Grand River Raceway’s Industry Day Celebration, and the event esteems to be one of the best days of the summer for harness racing fans.
Festivities and the TV broadcast kick off at 1:00 p.m. on Monday, August 3. Post time for the first dash is 1:30 p.m.
The 25th annual event showcases a 12-race card featuring Grand River Raceway’s signature dash, the 18th annual Battle Of Waterloo. There are 138 Ontario-sired two-year-old pacing colts eligible to start in the $175,000 (estimated) race.
The seventh annual Battle Of The Belles will be contested for $110,000 (estimated) and 156 Ontario-sired two-year-old pacing fillies remain eligible.
The nine finalists for each of those races will be determined during eliminations contested a week prior (July 27, post time 6:30 p.m.). Post position draws for both finals will be conducted during the TV broadcast on July 27.
The Industry Day undercard includes racing under saddle, consolation races for the Battles, and a Gold Leg for three-year-old pacing fillies in the Ontario Sires Stakes.
As always, Industry Day offers many other delights:
• An All-Access Kid’s Pass is available onsite for $5 and includes face painting, balloon artists, bouncy castles, and pony rides (1:00 – 5:00).
• Enter to win one of 25 ‘anniversary gifts’ valued at more than $5,000.
Prizes include: women’s Callaway golf clubs, men’s designer watches by Lacoste and Tommy Hilfiger, designer purses by Kate Spade and Tory Burch, Denali triple grill BBQ, kids’ mountain bike, Mario Kart deluxe electric scooter, Cool Pix waterproof HD camera, VIP Dinner & Races for 2 at Mohawk Racetrack for the Canadian Trotting Classic on Sept. 19/15, assorted $50 gift cards and more.
An Industry Day program purchase is required to enter the draw.
• First Bet Is On Us (some restrictions apply).
• HPIbet 3% Cash Back for wagers through your account on Industry Day races (minimum $50 wager, maximum $100 cash back; other restrictions may apply).
• HPIbet $250 in $25 cash card giveaways (some restrictions may apply).
• Mare and foal Meet ‘N Greet (1:00 – 3:00).
• 25th anniversary cake, designed and sculpted by Fancy That Cake.
• Standardbred Canada’s I Love Canadian Harness Racing Fan Club will be on-hand with the Wheel Of Fame and Fan Club merchandise.
• The 11th annual Drivers’ Edition of the Bouncy Pony Stakes.
Ken Middleton and Mark McKelvie of the Woodbine Entertainment Group will return to provide guest commentary for the broadcast which kicks off at 1:00 p.m.
For complete event details, click here.
(Grand River Raceway)