Do you eat, sleep and breathe harness racing? Are you an expert or advanced user on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest? Do you have ideas and opinions on how to engage people in harness racing?
If this sounds like you and you feel like you have the potential to be an outstanding Ambassador for Canadian harness racing, read on!
The Industry Marketing Department of Standardbred Canada is seeking a summer student/intern to assist with various marketing activities. Knowledge of harness racing is required.
This position requires an energetic self-starter with strong interpersonal and computer skills, outstanding organizational and presentation skills, and experience in social media applications. The work environment will be a combination of SC’s office in Mississauga, Ontario, events at Ontario racetracks and community outreach events.
Some of the duties include:
- Assist with special events and promotions as required
- Assist with website and portal update
- Updating and coordination of SC’s Social Media tools
- Writing for Websites and blogs
- Assist with industry research
- Data entry
- Assist with off-site events
- Administrative duties
- Photography – taking photos at special events
- Knowledgeable about harness racing
- Past hands on experience with Standardbreds
- Currently enrolled in a Marketing, PR , Journalism, or business program
- Computer Skills Required:
- Power Point
- MS Office
- Experience with Social Media Tools
- Experience working with In Design, Illustrator or Photoshop an asset
Applicants must be returning to a post secondary program in the fall of 2013, have reliable transportation and be willing to work some evenings and many weekends. Must be amenable to completing the tasks required by a “minion” at times!
Duration: May – end of August / early September
Wage: to be determined
Please submit applications apply in writing no later than Wednesday, April 30 at 5 p.m. to:
Industry Marketing – Kathy Wade Vlaar Standardbred Canada 2150 Meadowvale Blvd. Mississauga, ON L5N 6R6 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply, but only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.