The Ontario Sires Stakes Survivor Challenge, presented by the I Love Canadian Harness Racing Fan Club is now open for entry!
This year’s $14.6-million OSS season kicked off in late May and continues until the end of September at Mohawk when the Super Finals go postward. The Survivor Challenge will feature Gold and Grassroots events in six different divisions at six different tracks.
Your challenge is to select a horse that will finish in the top three for each of the contest’s selected divisions for eight CONSECUTIVE races. The contest division will be posted once entries are available and you will choose ONE horse from that race. If your horse finishes in the TOP THREE then you will advance to the next round of the contest. If your horse doesn’t finish in the TOP THREE you will be eliminated from the contest.
The first two rounds featuring the two-year-old trotting fillies are now open and players will select a horse in each round. (because of the timing) Gold eliminations will be at Mohawk on Friday, July 5 and Grassroots eliminations will be at Kawartha Downs on Saturday, July 6. You must enter before Friday, July 5 at 6:30 p.m. (EST).
If you are a Fan Club member, click here to make your selections.
Not a Fan Club member, click here to join.
Your selected horse from July 5 must finish in the top three for you to move on to the next round. (July 6)
Following the second round (July 6) anyone who is “alive” with a top three finisher will be emailed a contest link for the third round. (after driver changes are final) This will continue for the duration of the contest, so it’s important for players to stay updated with the contest as selections will be required each week from players who stay “alive” (top three finish) and move on to the next round.
The winning player will receive a tote bag filled with $50 worth of I Love Canadian Harness Racing swag and $50 worth of Ontario Sires Stakes swag.
The races dates and events for the Survivor contest are the following:
Friday, July 5 – two-year-old filly trot Gold event @ Mohawk Saturday, July 6 – two-year-old filly trot Grassroots event @ Kawartha Downs Thursday, July 11 – two-year-old filly pace Gold event @ Rideau Carleton Monday, July 15 – two-year-old colt trot Grassroots event @ Mohawk Friday, July 19 – three-year-old colt trot Grassroots event @ Grand River Saturday, July 20 two-year-old colt pace Grassroots event @ Hanover Saturday, July 27 three-year-old colt pace Grassroots event @ Georgian Downs Sunday, July 28 three-year-old colt pace Gold event @ Rideau Carleton
Rules and Guidelines
- Players must select one horse from each contest race.
- The selected horse must finish first, second, or third for the player to move on to the next round.
- Players will select horses in the first two rounds to start (because of the timing of these events); if a player’s horse in the first round finishes in the top three, then that player is alive.
- Following the second round (July 6) anyone who is “alive” with a top three finisher will be emailed a contest link for the third round. (after driver changes are final) This will continue for the duration of the contest, so it’s important for players to stay updated with the contest as selections will be required each week from players who stay “alive” and move on to the next round.
- An entry must be submitted for EVERY leg of the contest to be eligible for a prize.
- In the event of a dead heat for 3rd then all horses finishing in the “Top 3” will be eligible for correct entries to advance to the next leg of the contest.
- If there is only one contestant remaining at any time before the end of the 8th round they will be declared the winner.
- If more than one remaining entry is left after the final leg, then a random draw will determine the winner.
- If there are rounds remaining and no players moving on, a random draw will be conducted among the players who were alive in the previous round to determine the winner.
Terms and Conditions
- The Standardbred Canada (SC) July OSS Survivor Challenge will be conducted from Tuesday, July 2, 2013 to Sunday, July 28, 2013, with entry open until 6:30 PM EST on Friday, July 5. No purchase is necessary. There is no cost to register. Contest is open to anyone who is 18 years of age or older as of the date of registration, is an I Love Canadian Harness Racing Fan Club member and has Internet access at time of registration. The contest is void in whole where prohibited by law.
- Winner will be contacted via e-mail at the e-mail address or phone number provided on the form.
- Submissions with incomplete, bogus or invalid names and/or e-mail addresses will not be accepted.
- Only one entry will be accepted per individual and one per e-mail address. Multiple entries will result in immediate disqualification. SC reserves the right to disqualify any contestant which SC believes has submitted more than one entry.
- Employees, Directors and immediate family who reside at the same residence, of Standardbred Canada employees or any provincial racing commission employees are not eligible for this contest.
- No faxed, mailed, electronically mailed, or phoned-in entries are allowed.
- SC assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, ineligible or mutilated entries. SC is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable hardware or software or telephone transmission or technical failures, garbled or jumbled transmission or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of SC and will not be returned.
- SC reserves the sole right to interpret all questions and conditions in regard to this contest.
- Anything not covered in these rules will be ruled on by the management of SC and their decision will be final and binding.
- Contestants, by entering the contest, agree to be bound by the above rules and regulations.
PRIZE: An I Love Canadian Harness Racing Prize Pack, which includes $50 worth of Fan Club swag and $50 worth of OSS swag.