The 40th Anniversary Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Gala Fundraising Dinner on Wednesday, August 3 promises to be an evening of celebration.
Ten new members will join the CHRHF, including John Ferguson, Yves Filion, Bruce Johnston, San Pail and Odies Fame. Thoroughbred inductees include Mark Casse, Dr. Michael Colterjohn, Daryl Wells, Dahlia and Wise Dan.
Held at the Mississauga Convention Centre, co-hosting duties for the evening will be shared by Jim Bannon, CHRHF member and Woodbine Entertainment Group Thoroughbred racing analyst, along with Greg Blanchard, raceway manager at The Raceway at Western Fair District and former racing television commentator, and will feature a cocktail reception, a fantastic auction lineup, a four-course gourmet dinner and the induction ceremony. All interested attendees are asked to secure their tickets by Wednesday, July 27.
The evening’s agenda will also pay tribute to the history of the CHRHF and the first class of inductees in 1976, as well as 2016 Legend honourees Exterminator and Woodlawn Drummond. We will look back at two significant anniversaries – the 25th Anniversary of Precious Bunny’s amazing three-year-old racing season and the 50th Anniversary of Victorian Era being named Canada’s Horse of the Year.
The CHRHF Auction Chair and Planning Committee is putting the final touches on an impressive list of unique live and silent auction items, provided by many generous donors and supporters. All proceeds from the auction will go directly toward helping the Hall of Fame recognize the achievements of those who have built and established the roots of horse racing in Canada.
- A four-course dinner for four (4) prepared in the winning bidder’s home by John and Stefan Caterers and served by Hall of Famers Bill O’Donnell and Sandy Hawley. This once in a lifetime package also includes a case of wine provided by Penaflor of Argentina.
- Breeding season to Sligo Bay, donated by Adena Springs
- Box seats for five (5) people at Saratoga Race Track (August 25 or 26) donated by Woodford Racing. This package also include passes to visit the National Museum and Hall of Fame in Saratoga, NY
- Breeding season to Old Forester, donated by Dermot Carty Equine Consultants and Bloodstock Agent
- Play a round of Golf with Canadian and US Hall of Famer John Campbell
- Take In The Amazing Views during a one-hour sightseeing helicopter ride for you and two guests, donated and piloted by Marv Chantler
- Starting gate experience packages at Woodbine and Mohawk, including dinner in the dining room.
- A pair of tickets to attend the 2016 Royal Horse Show, complete with an invitation to a pre-horse show VIP reception and the opportunity to walk a jumping course with the riders.
- Polo lessons for 4 followed by Dinner at Hogans Inn, generously donated by Brian O’Leary, Polo Management
- Toronto Raptors Tickets, donated by Equilease.
- Breeding season to Frac Daddy, donated by Park Stud
- Dinner for Four at The Meadowlands
- $500 gift certificate for any of the Vintage Inn properties, provided by Vetoquinol
- Dinner for six in the VIP tent for the ‘Champions CSI Series’ at Angelstone on August 20, 2016.
Other items include fashion, racing memorabilia, art, one of a kind experiences, as well as gift baskets and gift certificates with something of interest for everyone. The full list of confirmed auction items and donor names is being updated as new items are added and can be viewed at canadianhorseracinghalloffame.com.
The reception and silent auction will commence at 5:30 p.m., followed by a four-course dinner, live auction and induction ceremonies at 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are available for $175 per person and includes a $50 tax receipt, or $1,700 for a table sponsorship, which includes 8 tickets and a $300 donation to the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame and a $700 tax receipt and can be purchased by visiting the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame online store or by contacting Linda Rainey at 416-417-9404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame acknowledges the generous sponsorship support of this year’s event: Event Sponsor – Ontario Horse Racing & OLG; Reception and Wine Sponsor – COSA; Guest Photography Sponsor – Ontario Standardbred Alliance Tracks and Woodbine Entertainment Group for producing the video tributes to each of the 2016 inductees. In addition we welcome Brooks Performance Horse Feeds for their sponsorship of a special award of honour to Norm Picov of Ajax Downs.