Only one week until 2016 nomination deadline.
2016 marks the 40th Anniversary of the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame. Since the inaugural class of people and horses were inducted in 1976, there are now over 450 honoured members in the CHRHF. The public is invited to participate in the nomination of horses and people who have made a significant contribution to Canadian horse racing, for induction to the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame in 2016.
Is there a horse or person that you think should be added to the Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame in 2016? Someone who should join such racing icons as Northern Dancer, Somebeachsomewhere, John Campbell, or Sandy Hawley?
You can have your say by submitting a nomination by 5:00 pm EST, Wednesday March 2nd in any of the following categories:
- MALE HORSE: Stallions or geldings whose contribution to Canadian racing occurred in the past 20 years.
- FEMALE HORSE: Mares whose contribution to Canadian racing occurred in the past 20 years.
- VETERAN HORSE: Horses whose careers have been concluded for 20 years, but less than 50 years.
- PERSON: Trainers, Drivers, Jockeys
- BUILDERS: Includes, but not limited to Breeders, Owners, Officials, and others.
- COMMUNICATORS: Includes, but not limited to writers, broadcasters, photographers, announcers.
- VETERAN PERSON: Trainers, Drivers, Jockeys whose careers have been concluded for 20 years, but less than 50 years.
New in 2016: All nomination submissions must be made using the form available on the CHRHF website at www.canadianhorseracinghalloffame.com. Form may also be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete eligibility criteria may be found at: http://horseracinghalloffame.com/inductees/eligibility/
For further information, or to submit a completed nomination form, contact:
Darryl Kaplan, Standardbred Nomination Chair,
(Canadian Horse Racing Hall of Fame)